As of January 1938, the bridges at Highway 7 and Minnetonka Blvd. were the only things to stand in the way of the opening of the new highway. It is now being referred to as Highway 100. An article claimed that an eight-foot sidewalk for pedestrians would border the highway, but that didn’t happen. Fourteen bridges had already been built, including an ornamental concrete bridge over Minnehaha Creek in Edina, and the bridge that went over 44th Street and the streetcar tracks.