In 2018, she completely redesigned the website.
It’s easy to navigate, mobile-ready, and promotes restoration of Graeser Park in Robbinsdale, preservation of Rock Island and appreciation of restored Lilac Park in St. Louis Park.
Restore Lilac Way is a civic project conceived, researched, written, designed and developed pro bono by Laukkonen Design.
Karen manages all the web and social media in addition to the website.
Laukkonen Design donates all time and expenses for restorelilacway.com, including
- research for photos, facts and history
- writing, proofing and editing all copy for web format in desktop and mobile devices
- design and creation of this mobile-friendly WordPress web site
- editing and retouching in Photoshop for all images
- communication with project partners to promote restoration projects, including MnDOT Historic Roadside Properties Program, City of Robbinsdale, City of St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale and St. Louis Park historical societies, Robbinsdale Lions Club and Graeser Park Restoration & Preservation group
- presentations to communities to raise public awareness
- presentations to key decision-makers to encourage restoration efforts
- updating the site to include progress and efforts to restore and maintain Lilac Way
- project management
- printing and promotional materials
As a website designer and project manager, Karen’s super-organized.
With experience in WordPress and other CMS, she can jump in on any project.
Looking to launch a new website, or update your current site?
Email Karen to be heard above the digital roar.